This guide provides information for the University of Melbourne community on where to access statistical software on campus; how to purchase licensed copies; training opportunities; links to support materials; and further reading.
IT Licensing & Procurement
The IT Licensing section of the University's Information Technology Services (ITS), centrally manage software licence programs on behalf of the University.
ITS on behalf of the University, holds site licences for a number of statistical packages. A Site Licence program will offer University Departments products which are centrally funded and can be deployed on University assets at no additional cost. Click on the following links to see information about specific licence conditions under the University of Melbourne Licence agreements. http://www.its.unimelb.edu.au/support/software/licences/statistical-mathematical and http://www.its.unimelb.edu.au/support/software/licences/matlab
Other software packages are also available through bulk purchase programs. This offers Departments, Affiliated Institutions and respective staff and students a way to purchase centrally managed low cost software. Licences must be purchased through IT Procurement. http://www.its.unimelb.edu.au/support/software/licences
Statistical Consulting Centre - Postgraduate Assistance Scheme
Postgraduate Assistance Scheme
If you are a Masters by research, PhD or MD student of the University of Melbourne, the Statistical Consulting Centre has a centrally-funded service. In 2013, this service is only available to students who have not used the service in the past.
The SCC offers up to five hours of free statistical advice to eligible Masters by research, PhD or MD students in 2013.
- The purpose of the service is to assist Masters by research, PhD or MD students with their research, not coursework. Graduate diploma students will not be eligible for the service.
- The emphasis in the statistical advice will be on education and training.
- If you need help beyond five hours, this will be on a fee-paying basis.
- We require that you be currently enrolled.
- You will need to bring a copy of the "Statistical consulting service to post-graduate students" form signed by your supervisor to your first consultation. This form can be downloaded from the Statistical Consulting Centre webpage. The consultants may decline to provide statistical assistance to students without a signed form.
The Statistical Consulting Centre offers advice, statistical consulting and data analysis to staff and postgraduate students within the University and others outside the University.
For all additional information and enquires go to: http://www.scc.ms.unimelb.edu.au/postgraduates.html